Skip to main content

Josh

Name: Dad

Career: College athletics-sales and operations

Favorite food: I'll eat just about anything. I think so many different kinds of food are so good. I do have a soft spot for Mexican and Chinese but I also really like a good burger.

Hobbies: I like being outside, gardening, fishing, hiking, and see all of the beauty around us. We also have four chickens that I like taking care of. I also enjoy sports and being physically active.

Favorite vacation: My favorite vacation was a trip I took to Lake Tahoe as a young adult. It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been and it was so interesting to see the area around it not being as pretty and then driving into the mountains to find a beautiful oasis. I had a similar experience on our trip to the north west coast. The best part about this, however, was being able to spend a week with my wife. 

A few sentences about yourself: I love people and meeting new people with different backgrounds and experiences. I love my family very much and have loved adding to my family by being married to Shalee. I try to be connected with God and let Him direct me and be a part of my life. I am very excited to be a dad!

A few sentences about out family: I feel like I have the best family on both sides. Everyone looks out for each other and cares for one another. They wouldn't hesitate to help someone in need or be a friend to someone who needs one. We have fun reunions and love to spend time together as often as our schedules permit. 

A few words to future Knowles baby: We are very excited to welcome a baby into our home. We have been looking forward to children ever since we've been married. You will have the best mom and a dad who will provide for you and together we will give you every opportunity you want to take in life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Adoption Q & A

Since our first post we have had a lot of questions about our adoption journey. We wanted to answer those questions as much as possible. So here goes. Josh and Shalee present..... Our Adoption Q and A Q: Are you already matched with a birth family? A: No, we are hoping through family and friends sharing our story we will find a birth family who feels we are a good match.  Q: What agency are you using? A: We are not connected with an agency right now. We are hoping for a private, domestic adoption but are not ruling anything out for the future. Q: What age child would you like to adopt? A: We would like to adopt an infant if possible. But, we are open to consider all options. Q: What type of adoption (open, semi-open, closed) would you like to have? A: We would love to have an open or semi-open adoption, depending on the comfort level of the birth family. Q: Why are you adopting? A: For lots of reasons. We love children and want very much to hav...

Grandma Jenn

Name:  Grandma Jenn Career:​  Wife, Mother, First Grade Teacher Favorite Food:  Anything Grandpa Knowles makes!  Just kidding!  I like good bbq, French dip sandwiches and salads.  I also like fajitas, but nothing too spicy. Hobbies:  Reading, finding new teaching ideas and techniques, playing board games, pickleball and a little shopping. Favorite vacations:  Europe tops my list because of all the history and it included a visit to see my sister and her family.  A close second is the Canadian Rockies.  Beautiful, breath-taking scenery!  I also love big cities.  So, New York and Chicago are memorable.  I loved visiting the Alamo and the River Walk in San Antonio.  Road trips are fun because you get to spend so much quality time with those you love and sing a lot.   About me:  I am goal oriented and like to succeed.  I love learning and teaching.  I enjoy helping others see and r...

PaPa Kris

Name: PaPa (Kris) Career: Upon graduation I attended a Technical School studying Diesel Mechanics. I then started at Vulcraft when the plant opened and was a Leadman there over the riggers. I helped my father-in-law on the side at his Autobody repair shop, and that started my love of automobiles and the career to which I have been involved for 35 years. We purchased the shop from him when he retired and I decided to leave the same name (Bobs Body Shop) in honor of him. Me and my wife have worked side by side for 30 years, running a very successful business. Has it always been easy - probably not, but worth it - definitely so. I have instilled this love of the Autobody business in my son and nephew who work by my side daily also. Proud to say it will continue on as a third generation business. Favorite food: Mexican is probably at the top, but I am a true meat and potatoes man. I love a good hamburger and like to try new things when we are traveling. Love pumpkin- chocolate chips co...